Returns will be accepted on eligible purchases within 14 days with the original receipt and the item is in new condition. We cannot provide refunds if you do not have the original receipt. Student identification is required for all returns.
Course Book Extended Dates
- New textbooks purchased for fall courses may be returned for refund with your original receipt and in new condition to the extended date of October 15.
- New textbooks purchased in December for January courses may be returned for refund with your original receipt and in new condition to the extended date of January 15.
- Used textbooks are only returnable for purchases for fall courses with your original receipt to the extended date of October 15. Otherwise used textbooks are not returnable.
Exam Period Restriction
- Fall and winter textbooks for the current term purchased after March 20 are not returnable.
- Restrictions on return periods for Education & Health Sciences course materials may vary. See Books Plus for details.
- Some items are marked non-returnable: custom course books, multimedia product, technical course requirements, CDs, clickers & clicker access codes, calculators, custom orders including custom kits, magazines, test preparation guides, etc.
- Exchange only on sale merchandise.
- Textbooks with used access codes are non-returnable.
Exchanges - Clothing & Giftware Only
- You have up to 30 days from the date of purchase to exchange clothing and giftware for similar items. You must have your original receipt and the items must be in new condition.
- We will replace defective items or assist you in exercising your warranty rights with the manufacturer provided you have the original receipt.
Method of Refund
- Please note that if you paid by credit or debit card, a refund will be issued by the same method with the original card.
- Purchases made by cheque will be refunded in cash or by cheque at our discretion.
We Reserve the Right to Refuse Any Return.
Custom Course Books
- A custom course book has been printed especially for you and it is not returnable for refund or exchange.
- Present your original receipt for your custom course book tomorrow after 4 pm at the Customer Service Desk in the Book Store at Western
- Due to the high volume of vouchers from Aug. 15 to Sept 30, we cannot guarantee books will be available at 4 pm.
- If you purchase your book on Friday or Saturday, present your original receipt for your custom course book on Monday after 4pm.
- Because of copyright regulations and royalties that are paid to publishers, vouchers must be redeemed within 60 days of purchase. After 60 days the course book will be destroyed and your original receipt will not be honoured.
- Keep your cash register receipt. It is your proof of purchase and mandatory for voucher redemption.
We strongly encourage you to purchase your textbooks at the Book Store’s campus location to ensure you have your books when you need them.* If you order your course materials online, they will be shipped to the address provided by you in the order form and we cannot change the address once the order is processed. We are sorry we cannot offer delivery services to Western residences, nor are we able to hold textbook orders due to space restrictions.
*This does not pertain to Distance Education or Continuing Studies students.
Fulfillment of Your Order
If you have placed a Special Order with us, we have ordered directly from the publisher or supplier on your behalf and are making every attempt to fill your order as quickly as possible.
Distance Education/Full Distance Education Students
During August and September, we experience an increase in volume of online orders, and delivery may take 5 to 6 business days. We encourage you to order your textbooks as soon as possible.
Due to space restrictions, orders can not be held at The Book Store for pickup.. Save time at the Book Store by bringing in your pre-printed book list.
If the item is in stock, your order should be processed and shipped out within 2 to 3 business days. Please be aware that our stock levels change regularly. Due to the increased volume of business during August and September, delivery may take 5 to 6 business days.
If the item is not in stock, availability will depend on many variables, such as supplier inventory levels, delivery time to the Book Store, customs clearance etc. We will make every effort to ensure your order is processed as quickly as possible.
|Shipping Location||Shipping Method||Shipping Time||Price Per Shipment|
|Ontario||Express Post||2 – 3 days||$7.00 + $1.00 per item|
|Manitoba||Express Post||3 – 5 days||$12.00 + $1.00 per item|
Nova Scotia, Prince Edward
Island, New Brunswick
|Express Post||3 – 5 days||$12.00 + $1.00 per item|
|British Columbia, Alberta,|
|Express Post||3 – 5 days||$16.00 + $1.00 per item|
|Northwest Territories, Yukon|
Territories, Nunavut Territory
|Express Post||3 – 5 days||$19.00 + $1.00 per item|
|USA||Fed Ex||5 – 7 days||$24.00 + $1.00 per item|
All rates are in Canadian dollars.
Shipping rates may vary depending on weight, product, or destination. If shipping rate varies from the standard rate, we will contact you and confirm actual rates before billing and shipping.
Please allow 2 - 3 business days for shipping in Canada. There may be exceptions during our peak period in May, August and September and over the Christmas holidays. We ship our packages by Express Post courier to ensure safe and accurate delivery. Because of this, someone must be present to sign for the package when it arrives. We cannot leave packages in mailboxes etc. without a signature. In the event that a package is delivered and there is no one there to sign for it, it will be forwarded to your nearest post office for pick-up.
Please allow 5-7 business days for shipping in the continental United States. There may be exceptions during our peak period in May, August and September and over the Christmas holidays. Packages are shipped by Fed Ex Courier and require a signature upon delivery. If no one is available to sign for the package, it will be sent to the nearest Fed Exdepot and you will be contacted to arrange delivery or pick-up. Any applicable duties and taxes are the responsibility of the receiver.
The Book Store is located in the lower level of the University Community Centre.
Two Hours Free Parking, April 15 – August 16
Two hours of free parking is available at the Social Science parking lot, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, with minimum $10.00 purchase at the Book Store. Please have your parking ticket stamped at the time of purchase. Deposit of $12.00 is required when entering the lot.
Complimentary parking is available at the following lots from Friday at 5pm through to Sunday evening – Springett, Medway, Elborn and Support Service Bldg